Friday, September 5, 2008

That was absolutely fantastic!


I have just completed my first completely insane college student experience. A bunch of friends and I dressed up in totally crazy hippy clothes and went to "Mamma Mia." We then went shopping...and a 50-year-old woman in a car honked at us and called out the window: "I just wanted to let you know how awesome you guys were. I was sitting behind you and I was so inspired I'm going to get a group of friends together and do that same thing next week." It was fantastic.
We were incorrect about what time the bus left on the way back, so we spent too much time shopping and then had to wait for a while. But this turned out to be a very good thing. One the bus back, we met a PhD student from Togo. We were chatting quite a bit; we tried to help him back to his apartment. But we had the wrong apartment complex in our heads. So we had to walk him back and get him on another bus...turns out he's a Fulbright scholar! Great conversation...he got one of our phone numbers, so hopefully we'll be able to show him around campus a bit more. He's only been in the US for a month and is having trouble mostly with finding the right kinds of food to eat that he'll like. He got orange drink instead of orange juice...
Anyways, the evening was quite wonderful. Love to all!

3 comments:

Charlie said...

"Totally Insane College Experience" = see movie with friends and go shopping.

Hmm. :-)

Becca Farnum said...

I was referring to the crazy costumes.

Meg said...

We had the same problem when we were in England. I'm betting the orange drink your new friend was looking for tastes much like Tang.