Friday, September 19, 2008

Oh, Good GLORY!

Apparently, tailgating is a big deal. I had my first experience today with actual tailgating, as I had to bike to the church to meet Tim for the West Michigan Board of Higher Education and Campus Ministry meeting. On the way, I had to stop by Wilson Hall to get something from Katie. Campus is INSANE on a Saturday morning of a football game. You can't move. People drive down the sidewalks. I got to Wilson safely...to find out that you can't enter without a valid resident ID on game days. Haha. So Katie was supposed to come sign me in, but I had no idea of her phone number and could barely remember her room number. I eventually got in, I just had to leave my bag. Since I was up there for all of five minutes, I didn't mind. Just another fun adventure...anyways, I wouldn't suggest "downtown" campus on game days. And thank God I chose to live in Snyder-Phillips...

3 comments:

phantomheadphones said...

I wonder how crazy it would be if the MSU-UofM game took place in Lansing. I think it usually takes place in Ann Arbor but man it would suck for you if it didn't. I don't really see the big deal with football, but college students are effin crazy about it.

Becca Farnum said...

It's in Ann Arbor; all is well. I don't really do the football thing either...but I have friends who are obsessed...

Anonymous said...

Evidently, you were not listening all of those years when I lamented about the traffic on football Saturdays. It is wise to carefully plan one's moves about town on those days.
Even from the condo next year, you will need to be careful. Harrison becomes a wild place.
The U of M game takes place in alternate sites. Next year, at MSU.
Granna