Sunday, September 21, 2008

Church Today

Got to sing in choir! It was fun. I sit on the upper edge, so I had to lead in and then lead the choral recession out...fun. I am transferring membership next week, so I attended the "Inquirers" Sunday school to chat about UUMC and Methodism. The others in the class were previous Methodists as well, so we didn't do any absurd "what is the Church" stuff. But we chatted a lot about the make-up of UUMC and John Ross made me talk about General Conference.
Next week I'm on nursery duty but will have to sneak down after the sermon to be received into the Church. I'll be in Church service the week after that, then gone for two weeks for other Church meetings. Oh well; I'm there when I can.
Also had a meeting with Chris, the youth director. Chris Heffner (friend from dorm) helped with the middle school youth group and is looking to continue that; UUMC is just starting to have separate groups, so Chris came on at the right time. It's going to be very confusing having two young male Chrises in leadership, though.

No comments: