Friday, September 5, 2008

IVAC

The International Volunteer Action Corps! They sponsor trips and whatnot, but it's also a great place to hang out at MSU with international students and other folks interested in globalization and cross-cultural connection. Met a very cool grad student from India and we chatted for quite a while. It was a longer meeting than I'd anticipated, but the time was filled with games and ice breakers and whatnot, so I enjoyed it very much.
Today: Mostly work. Going to see "Mamma Mia"...yes, I'm seeing it again. But this time my friends will actually be there. Have to make some no-bake cookies for a friend (why do I do these things? I'm busy enough!). There's a presentation at noon about some research on malaria and HIV in Ugandan children; it's mostly about the psychological effects and mapping those with computer software, but I might go to that. And now I shall get to work! Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Becca,
What is a whatnot???????????
Dave Foster

Becca Farnum said...

Dave, Dave. A whatnot is not a thing. It is an idea, a concept. Not really. A whatnot. Hmm...good question. Perhaps "a thing similar to the other main thing in the conversation?" I really have no idea. I suppose one should use words one can't actually define...