Monday, September 1, 2008

Michael Keaton as Batman...

After doing a lot of work today, I decided to spoil myself with a movie...so I grabbed "Batman" off Bailey's shelf and she, Chris, and I watched it. It was amazing. We made fun of it...a lot. One of those movies that's good and bad at the same time and you love it for it...
So then we had to watch "Batman Returns." I didn't know the story of "Catwoman" at all, so I was totally lost. That one was creepier...so now it will be a question of what my dreams are like tonight.

4 comments:

Charlie said...

"...and BAD" ????
What's not to like?
I haven't seen it in a loooooong time. But I remember it as excellent.

Anonymous said...

Hi Becca,
Your Mom gave us your blogspot at church yesterday. We are glad that you are enjoying school at MSU....but not surprised at all. I'm so impressed that you are enjoying Arabic and that you have so many friends who love languages. (I think that is a sign of intelligence, that love of languages. tee hee) We will try to keep up with your blog, but once school gets going, who knows how busy and traumatic things will get here. Mercia
Mercia

Becca Farnum said...

Bad as in special effects. And not bad for it's time. It's kind of like comparing the new "Star Wars" with the old. The old are so much better movies, but there are moments with the effects that you have to love. And while "Batman" was good, it wasn't so revolutionary that you can totally ignore the effects. And some of the situations were just absurd. But Lando is in the first one!

Jon said...

Oh, I remember the 1st Batman movie! There was a little girl, 7 or 8, all alone (what was her Mom thinking?), & in the middle of the movie she became frightened, tapped me on the shoulder, & asked if she could sit with me. "Of course!" I said, but I also thought: "You should never talk to strangers!" So after she moved I said: "Kind of scary, huh?" "Yeah"
"But it's just a movie, right?" "Okay"