Monday, September 15, 2008

Chautauqua

We have at MSU a Traveling Chautauqua...a group of people who gather to dialogue and learn about issues of the day. This semester's topic is equality and justice. I am a part of the Chautauqua, though I am late each week because of Chem Lab. The Honors College has decided to create a Chautauqua Theater Group...and I have the joy of being the student leader. I'm really not sure how that happened...lol. The risk of responding to emails...it will get you every time. We had our first meeting yesterday; I'm really very excited about where it could go.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am shocked, SHOCKED, to find you being the leader of something...

Mom

Jon said...

I have a training course on how to say "no".

Becca Farnum said...

I do in fact know how to say "no." I did say "no" to the General Division on Ministries for Young People...that was a big "no." I was rather proud of myself, really.

Anonymous said...

I thought that we practiced saying "No" before you started college.
Granna

Becca Farnum said...

I have said "no." Just not to this. I like it! I think I'm pretty much maxed out at this point though, so "no" will be coming in the future.

A Ranz said...

You keep amazing me, Becca!

Of course, having seen you direct, build, run tech, publicize, and pretty much make the Musical entirely your own, I'm not surprised that you've found yourself in a position of authority within a month somewhere new!

You amaze me. I wish I could be even half as amazing as you.

Becca Farnum said...

You are at LEAST half as amazing as I am, Andrew. You forget who was the most fantastic German/Chicago gangster switchover in existence.