Saturday, September 6, 2008

The No-Bake Saga

I was asked to make some no-bakes for a friend...no problem. Do it all the time. Asked Mom to email me the reciple just to make sure I remembered everything. So I biked over to the grocery store right next to church, went shopping, and headed to the church kitchen. And started my no-bake making. And here's the thing...when you make peanut butter krispies, you use a cup of peanut butter. When you make no-bakes, you use half a cup. I was making a double batch...so I put in two cups from memory instead of reading recipe very carefully. The only solution was to make another batch of non-peanut butter goo and combine them. It worked. The no-bakes turned out just fine. But I ended up with enough to feed the entire population of New York...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it's a great trauma for everyone to have lots of no-bakes...

Anonymous said...

Oh, sorry--that was mom.

Becca Farnum said...

It worked out okay. I need to cut up the bars today, because I didn't take the time to make them into pretty cookies.

phantomheadphones said...

Heh, sure she can solve all the world's problems in a single day?

BUT CAN SHE MAKE THE PROPER AMOUNT OF NO BAKES?

Becca Farnum said...

Oh, hush. It was a perfectly fine amount of no-bakes. Everyone likes no-bakes. I live in a college dorm, for the love of heaven. It wasn't like there was a huge surplus...