Saturday, April 4, 2009

Slightly Surreal

I went running this morning on Babson's beautiful campus. One of my good friends attend Olin School of Engineering. I knew the two were close, but I forgot that Babson is the one immediately next to Olin. As in, the campuses intersect. To the point that I accidentally ran by Derek's dorm this morning. It was very strange. Ben and I visited Olin on our East Coast college tour. And I recognized everything and realized how much time had gone by. And then realized that, had I decided to attend Olin, I very likely would have helped to plan the forum that I'm now attending. That was slightly strange...
Anyways, I have Derek's room number. And he doesn't know I'm here. So perhaps I'll just go freak him out tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, love bug, Derek's coming home this weekend--a kid in his class at St. Phil died--Joey Brutsche--I don't know him at all, I don't think, but obviously very, very sad...
Anyway, you'd better go by asap if you hope to catch him...don't know when he's leaving.

xoxoxo
mom

Becca Farnum said...

Joey Brutsche died! Oh my gosh. I had no idea. That's terrible. I...wow. Thank you for telling me. I don't think I'll be able to catch him. And this probably isn't the best time, now, anyways.
Oh, man. Prayers for the Brutsches.