Saturday, April 4, 2009

Lunch

I got me some blue cheese and pita bread! Along with tomatoes. 'Twas lovely.
Our keynote speaker for lunch has Spartan roots. He's having a Green and White Party at his house tonight.
After lunch, we have workshops. I'll be attending a Human Rights workshop. I'm very excited about this for the sake of my Food Rights research (and myself, of course). I must say, when I envisioned this conference, I knew I would be writing a lot of my paper on "Feeding Peace" during the conference. But I was expecting the conference to be completely unrelated. This is very exciting.
Additionally, the member of my group I was most worried about when we ditched the ideas we'd be working on and went with food is fully on-board and happy with the direction we're going. So I'm excited about that. Lunch was a good time to interact with those people I hadn't yet met. Between this time and dinner, I think I may get to spend some time with pretty much everyone. Life is just grand.
I'm eating the last of the rolls I brought with me, as they keep running out of the pita bread. So hopefully they'll have something I can eat for dinner - for it will be my last meal! I'm smuggling junk food like crazy home with me though; these people are obsessed with feeding us.

No comments: