Sunday, April 18, 2010

What a weekend

Well. I'm still alive.

Friday: Up at 5:47 (I was up a bit earlier but utterly failed to get out of bed. And then fell asleep. But woke up at 5:47 without an alarm. What is wrong with me?)
7:30 - Get folks on their way to the Homelessness Simulation
8:30 - Meet and practice for the University Undergraduate Research and Arts Forum.
10 - Present at UURAF
11:50 - Lunch and Shopping for Children's Overnight at Church with Krista, Children's Ministries Director
2:30 - Back to Homelessness Simulation.
We slept outside. It was COLD (~36).

Saturday:
7:45 - Leave for Keep Making Peace at Central UMC. Attend conference, help serve lunch, run projector.
5 - Debriefing Dinner for Homelessness Simulation
8 - Arrive late to Children's Overnight at Church. Spend the evening helping with programming (aka, after a bit of work, eating candy and watching "The Princess and the Frog").
Sleep at church on couch.

Sunday:
Get up early. Feed hungry children. Do some work on laptop. Youth Sunday at church. (The boys did a great job with the sermon.)
Lunch with Amy at Fiesta Charra
Make it home after some drama.

Take a shower for the first time since Friday - not to mention be in some clothes OTHER than the same outfit since Friday morning (though I had a different top for Friday due to presentation...but other articles of clothing were rather disgusting).

And now, getting miscellaneous work done on my computer, pretty much unable to move due to the weird places I've been sleeping at lately. Bed is gonna feel GOOD tonight.

2 comments:

Charlie said...

It's a good thing you're so privileged, if two nights out of bed can wonk you out that fast...

(says the old man who rarely pulls himself out of bed before 9)

Becca Farnum said...

I think it was not so much being out of bed so much as not getting all that many hours of sleep...which I can do in places other than bed.
That being said, I'm very privileged and very happy that I always have a warm place to sleep when I so desire.