Saturday, April 3, 2010

Holy Saturday!

Yay! One of my favorite days of the year is here. Holy Saturday is an excuse for utter laziness, primping in preparation for Easter Sunday, exorbitant amounts of baking, and the final countdown to the glorious world of food.
Fourteen and a half hours, by the way. Though I'm not really all that hungry right now.

Baking will be lots of fun, though; I'm very much looking forward to the moment when I feel like I'm energetic enough to leave bed and actually do something other than watching movies or dinking around online in a prone position.
I'm in charge of food for the all-campus LBGT E-board hangout next Friday. One of the girls is a vegan. So I get to tackle vegan baking today! Massively excited. On the list:
Vegan peppermint patties (I'm excited to make any kind of peppermint patties, let alone vegan ones!)
Vegan chocolate-peanut butter cookies (kind of like Girl Scout Tagalongs, I think, but a bit more crunchy and cookie-y)
Vegan banana bread
And then maybe some non-vegan banana bread, depending on how many bananas and how much vegan margarine I have. And perhaps some no-bakes as well.
The banana bread, peppermint patties, and chocolate-peanut butter cookies should all freeze very well, so I'm planning to just throw them in the freezer and not touch them until Friday. I'm not sure about no-bakes. Mom?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would not try to freeze no-bakes, no. They are much better when fresh.
I'll send the recipe along on facebook.

xoxoxo
mom

Bailey said...

Pst - I have your cake piece for when you can eat again. :D

Bailey said...

Let me know when you want it. (hit 'post' too soon.

Becca Farnum said...

Monday at like 5:45?

Bailey said...

I'll be in class until 7, and then at a UURAF thing until about 8:30. :(