Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Fall 2010

I will be taking the following courses:
ANP 422: Religion and Culture
ANP 429: Ethnographic Field Methods
ANP 489: Capstone (Project on Israeli Women of Peace)
EC 340H: Survey of International Economics
MC 386: Women and Power
PHL 452: Ethics of Development
PHL 490: Independent Study creating the Peace and Justice Teaching Archive

I will be working 10-12 hours/week at the Center for Gender in a Global Context as their undergraduate intern.
I will be working ~5 hours/week on a research project, studying the emergence of monotheism. (!!!!)

The other major projects are co-chairing the Campus Interfaith Council and program development for LBGT issue education (this may be some kind of internship at the LBGT Resource Center; we're not yet sure).

8 comments:

Charlie said...

Slacker.

Bailey said...

You's a crazy pants, you know that? How many credits is that, 30?

Becca Farnum said...

No, it's only 20. A lot of 3-credit classes. And I'm only doing 1 credit's worth of independent study.

Charlie said...

See, Bailey? What'd I tell ya. Slacker.

Although, when we show this to folk here in Mt Pleasant, I must say most of them think Becca's from a different planet and has an alternate view of reality.

Becca Farnum said...

You raised me, dude. Any alternate view of reality present in my head I blame entirely on you. (And your wife.)

Bailey said...

She and Chris share an alternate reality where there are 40 hours in a day, obviously.

Although I am taking 19 credits next semester, only an independent study short of your total ;D. I blame your bad influence.

Becca Farnum said...

I'm honored to have such influence on you!

Charlie said...

Glad to see my influence is spreading beyond the immediate family. You go, Bailey!

Also glad to see that my alternate view of reality influenced SOMEONE. I thought everyone was ignoring me. Apparently I was preaching to Becca.