Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Noodles & Co

Noodles & Co is this fantastic restaurant with a ton of different kinds of pastas. I really love their Pad Thai. And we got Noodles for an eboard retreat this weekend. Which meant I went to buy eight bowls of Noodles. They have "Buy 10, Get 1" cards, and I got eight stamps with that purchase. A couple of months earlier, I purchased a bowl for myself and handed over my Student Alumni Foundation discount card. The cashier forgot to apply my discount, so she gave me several extra stamps. So I went to get my free bowl of Noodles today. The free ones come with up to two "add-ons" (cheese, meat, etc.). I just get Pad Thai, as it's much cheaper to not get meat, and the Pad Thai doesn't really need it. But since I got up to two, I ordered two breasts of Parmesan-crusted chicken, since they just sit on top and I could pull them off to make another fantastic meal later.
So that was fantastic. However, Noodles & Co. clearly does not know the meaning of "crapload." Pad Thai has cilantro on it...and I love cilantro. Deeply and abidingly. But they clearly don't understand "with a crapload of cilantro." Perhaps next time I will try to give them more precise directions. "I'd like a one-to-one ratio of cilantro to noodles, please."

No comments: