Monday, April 5, 2010

Lecturing!

Ooh, ooh! I get to lecture in my anthropology class! So very excited.

"Hi Rebecca!
So, I have been thinking about Tuesday's class - actually the week focused on gender and religion. Christian is going to focus on Islam in Africa and the readings this week are a bit heavy on Islam. I was wondering if you would be willing to do a mini discussion on Tuesday (20 minutes or so - which can lead into a longer discussion if that is where the class takes it). I was thinking you could present some of the patriarchal notions/myths perpetuated in Christianity - broadly speaking - and how people, like you who identify as Christian, are challenging some of them. It could be quite informal and you can draw on your experiences. I know you are VERY engaged with this issue and have more expertise than I do so I was hoping to draw on your strengths. Let me know what you think. If you don't have time or you would rather not I completely understand. No pressure.
Cheers,
Andrea"

I do so adore being teacher's pet.

(And I really am, as evidenced by a later reply to our email conversation:
"Happy Easter to you, too! I am headed to my professor's for a big meal. Hope you enjoy breaking the fast! YEAH!")

2 comments:

Charlie said...

Teacher's pet: it's a tough job, but someone's got to do it.

Have fun!

Becca Farnum said...

My feelings exactly.