Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My First Sunday

I've been asked to speak about my weekend. Suffice it to say that Saturday was pretty much free...there was a U-Fest that I went to briefly but was crazily crowded and therefore not much fun (for me; I know others loved it).
Sunday, however, was busy and lovely. I attended University UMC, where I know both pastors and their families. Kennetha Bigham-Tsai, chair of the Board of Church and Society, is a pastor there but was gone on vacation this Sunday. I was hoping to see her, but she'll be preaching next Sunday! The other pastor is John Ross Thompson, former Conference Director; his wife is also on the Board of Church and Society.
Sunday afternoon I worked on my room andd did something...but I can't remember what. How pathetic is that?
Sunday evening was my first MSU Wesley time. Good dinner - I sat with a member of the Board and her husband and two older young adults. One worked with the Detroit Conference Mission Interns; that was fun to talk about. (If you have no idea what I'm talking about, it's because you're not a United Methodist geek. And that's okay...but consider becoming one! It's a good life.)
Sunday night we had a floor meeting, so I left Wesley early to go to that. I'll usually skip floor meetings for Wesley stuff, but I did want to get to know people a bit. Then someone from my floor and I went to the boys' Honor Floor on Phillips and distributed cookies. Met someone who lived in Battle Creek and went to Harper Creek...and a bunch of other people.
Sunday was good!

No comments: