Sunday, August 31, 2008

ADS

So apparently I'm dumb for an ADS...for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, an ADS is an Alumni Distinguished Scholar; we get full rides. Anyways, I was looking over the press release about ADS winners for this year when I found out that Chris was one to see if anyone else I knew was one and I didn't know it. A few statistics...
Average GPA on a 4.00 scale is 4.21
Average ACT is 35 (out of 36)
Average SAT (math and critical reading) is 1530 (out of 1600).
Ha! I don't feel dumb at all. No, I really don't. I'm just amazed by the fact that I have lower scores than the average for every single one of these! Sorry to drag you down, fellow ADSers...

2 comments:

A Ranz said...

So, you have a 4.000, ACT of 34, and SAT or 1500? Sort of a close, but not quite... I get rather amazed when I see statistics like that.

I feel inadequate next to people like that. GPA=3.3 ACT=32 SAT≈1350 I feel like there was so much more than I could have done. Maybe being part of the Honors Institute will give me the incentive I've been looking for.

Becca Farnum said...

It's okay, Andrew. You're doing just fine for yourself, never fear. Michigan Tech is a really good fit for you, too. You need to find a freshman named Eric Payson...I know him from Battle Creek. You two might get along, though it's also very possible you'll kill each other.