Saturday, August 30, 2008

Movie Party

Last night I took a break from studying and actually talked talked to real humans...it was quite a shot. Katie Martinez (Girl Scout friend from Battle Creek) and I ate dinner together at 5, then a group of friends from the dorm wanted to eat at 6:30. So I was forced to eat more...rats. After dinner, we were planning to watch a movie. I figured that I'd read a philophy book while the movie was in, but then we decided we were watching "Spaceballs"...and I hadn't seen that before. So now I've seen "Spaceballs." And then, of course, we were all in the mood for "Star Wars." So we watching Episode 5 and I kind of mini-napped during it.
I let myself sleep in today...but now I'm up, and it's back to reading!

6 comments:

Charlie said...

Have you even *seen* Planet of the Apes yet? I thought Spaceballs was a horrible waste of time except for the vacuum cleaner scene at the end - which was presumably wasted on you.
Sigh.
But I'm glad to see you're talking talking to people. And I hope you're enjoying philophy.

Becca Farnum said...

It's a spoof on "Star Wars" too, that was enough...but no, I haven't seen "Planet of the Apes." But come on, it was Bill Pullman. All is well.

A Ranz said...

Wait, you hadn't seen Spaceballs before? wow...

Becca Farnum said...

Yeah, I'm kind of a loser...

Charlie said...

Yes, it's a spoof on Star Wars. It's not a spoof on Planet of the Apes except for one moment - ah, but what a moment. That's what makes it so good - a whole movie of Star Wars shlock and then one glorious raspberry at Apes.

So now you have to watch Planet of the Apes (which is a really good movie).

You would also like "Checking Out", a movie which is much closer to your preferred genre and is pretty good EXCEPT for the kiss, which even you will have to admit is a lousy scene. (A hug would have been completely appropriate and fitting.) It stars Peter Falk (Grampa who reads the book in The Princess Bride) (also Columbo, a great TV detective series which you might love or might hate).

Becca Farnum said...

I know who Peter Falk is, dude. Those credits are amazing. I watch the movie just to watch the credits. That's a total lie, 'cause the movie's amazing too...