Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The True Consequences of Fasting

You would think that the thing I'd notice most, while fasting, is being hungry. Not so. I don't want food. I want heat. I am producing absolutely no personal warmth. And it's COLD! I would probably notice the fact that I'm hungry more if I hadn't been shrinking my stomach since Ash Wednesday. Since I have been, though, my body's mostly "Meh. Whatever." in regards to the lack of food. But it is seriously chilly. I would rather have a personal heater than a loaf of bread. But a loaf of bread would serve as both, I suppose. Only five days left!

(That being said - wanting heat, not food - I do really like chocolate.)

2 comments:

Charlie said...

I think your body just gets used to the idea. I ate as usual during Lent (except for no alcohol) and haven't been very hungry either. Headaches, presumably from lack of diet coke :-). And not too cold, either (though that's presumably from the nice layer of insulation I've built up in my 40's.)
I do definitely like sleep this week.

Becca Farnum said...

I've actually been amazingly perky the entire week. I've had a couple of rough hours (presumably between times of my body breaking down another pound of fat), but for the most part, I've been happy and energetic. Just a bit chilly.