Monday, April 18, 2011

Busy Monday!

The weather picked the wrong time to snow/hail/whatever. I had to run into the Religious Studies office this morning, and then to the GenCen office. We have an LGBTQ Task Force meeting. And I'm covering for an instructor's courses today, so I have to bop out of the office and head across campus to Hubbard Hall. Then back to the office. Then to a course. Then several more errands bopping all around campus, facilitating another course, and a bit more office.
Tonight I get to write a really interesting paper on Christian communities. I am to pretend that one community has access only to the Gospel of Thomas, a Gnostic writing that has a collection of Jesus' sayings but no narrative (Jesus doesn't die or rise in this "Gospel"); another community has access only to the Gospel of Mark. I'll write an ethnographic article comparing what the two communities would look like, where they're similar and different. It's gonna be a lot of fun!

No comments: