Tuesday, January 26, 2010

ANP 840 Sadness

I'm so excited for one of the core courses of the Anthropology degree - Biocultural Evolution. And I noticed that the grad-level course fits better in my schedule next year. Through the Honors College, we're allowed to take grad courses as H Options. So I sent an email to the Anthro department asking if I could take the course. They told me to talk to the prof. And...
"Hi Rebecca. I am sorry but the class ANP840 is not open to undergraduate students."
Meanie! Very tempting to fight it...but I won't. I will simply take it as a sign that I should make the undergrad one work. But seriously. MEANIE!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, pooky--but I suspect you'll manage to enjoy the other course.

mom
:)

Bailey said...

It's quite possible that the grad course requires knowledge that you just won't have, which is why they can't let you take it. It probably requires background info on osteology and other, higher-level unergrad anthro courses, so you would fail no matter how hard you try.

But Bio ev. is fun, and you'll enjoy it. Just wait till you get to the weird 'apes are vicious murderers' guy. He's hilarious.

Becca Farnum said...

I'll enjoy the Honors section, certainly. The bigger issue is rearranging my schedule...the grad course fit a lot better. Oh well. Such is life.