Tuesday, September 6, 2011

ANP 202H

ANP 202: Anthropology - Biocultural Evolution. It's one of the core requirements for the Anthro degree. I have delayed taking it because the Honors section kept not fitting in my schedule, and I desperately wanted to take it, because the class sounded so cool.
But, as luck would have it, this semester, the Honors section is being taught by a forensic anthropology. This results in a great bias toward the "bio" side. The instructor for the non-honors section is an epic cultural prof. Alas.
I will be memorizing the human skeleton, along with several other things. Which I suppose will be good for me and potentially useful.
But I was supposed to be having fun learning about how we can see human cultural behaviors emerging in primate groups, not just how our bones came from the monkeys.
Tear.

4 comments:

Bailey said...

See, and I wanted it the other way around. My class was all about primate culture and I just wanted skeletal comparisons and physical emphasis. Boooo.

Becca Farnum said...

So tragic. Did you have Fujita?

Bailey said...

No, I had...Milligan? I think? It was mostly taught by the TA.

Becca Farnum said...

Huh. Don't know that one.
Alas.