Friday, September 9, 2011

Marshall Interview

Interview round 2 today! The committee was a good number of the same folks, actually.
It can be summed up in two words: I cried.
They asked me "Why North Africa and the Middle East?" I told a story about Pink Doll and lost it a little bit.
Granna got a dark-toned baby doll for me when I was like six weeks old. I LOVED that thing; slept with my "Pink Doll" (her PJs were pink) every night. One day when I was about eight, a friend saw her in my room. "Why do you have a BLACK doll?" It was my first real encounter with racism...it did not make me happy.
Anyways, I didn't totally lose control. But the Assistant Dean definitely had to pass me a box of Kleenex.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, stars...
What a zippy miss you are...

How I love you, little girl.

xoxoxoxox
mom

Anonymous said...

Oh,my! What have I done?

I love you, too.

granna

Anonymous said...

I just remembered that I forgot to ask - are you still sleeping with Pink Doll?

granna - again!

Becca Farnum said...

I do not sleep with her every night, but she definitely gets cuddled fairly frequently!