Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Redecorating

We are redecorating the condo! When I say "we," I really mean "Kelsey with Becca's money." Yesterday, Kels and I went to Home Depot and picked out paint colors. It has been fun to watch the wallpaper come down. (How old is that stuff, Granna?)
We're also exploring getting a new stove - gas. They are a bit nicer to cook with.
If anyone has decorating ideas, let us know. Current colors are "eggshell white" for cabinets and doors and a lovely darkish green (but not too dark) for main walls. The bedrooms will probably be done in the eggshell rather than colored.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The wallpaper came with the condo; I thought about taking it down a few times but I was used to it and my towels matched!
granna

Anonymous said...

Careful with color on the walls--anything tending towards dark can feel very closed in and small. You might want to go light on the walls and use the darkish green as trim.
But that's just me...you do as you wish, little girl.

mom

Becca Farnum said...

Kelsey's done this a lot before...don't worry, it won't be too dark. Even your eyes should be happy.
: )

Cristóbal, Lord of the Flail said...

Red, red, red, red, red, red, red, red, red, red, red, red, red, red, red, red, red, red, red, red, red, red, red, red, red, red!

Becca Farnum said...

No, Christopher. I am NOT painting my walls read.

Jon said...

red rum, red rum, red rum!

Becca Farnum said...

Jon, not helpful.
:P

Charlie said...

Becca can't spell, Becca can't spell...

Also - is there a gas line to the stove? (And, if so, why in the world would there be an electric stove there?) There needs to be a special hookup there - if it doesn't exist, putting in a gas stove will be many many $$$. I suppose it's conceivable they could run it along the ceiling in the garage (or not - don't know the building codes) but I suspect even that would cost you much more than the stove would.

/papa

Becca Farnum said...

I was wondering about that...
And Becca can spell. She just cannot use proper words.