Friday, December 5, 2008

The Drug Saga

The doctor prescribed a combination of anti-inflammatory (to make the lungs calm down) and antihistamine/decongestant. I biked back to the dorm. Biking hurts the lungs like heck, as does walking, because of the cold, harsh air. So I get in my room and ask my roommates if anyone is going to Meijer's. "Why not CVS?" they ask. I didn't know if it was a full pharmacy or not. And then they tell me there's a pharmacy in Olin. This I did not know. So I very sadly biked back to Olin. I ask for my drugs. They ask for my drivers' license. I don't have one. They can't give me my antihistamines without a government-issued photo ID. I almost cry. Not really, but it was sad. I bike home, very depressed and very pained. Luckily, John James loves me and went to get my drugs. So now I have them. Yay!

Here's the fun news, though: The reason I couldn't just get drugs was because what I'm taking is a precursor to crystal meth! Yay!

2 comments:

Charlie said...

"Driver's License".
What is this odd thing of which you speak?
Would such a thing ever be useful to an adult?

Becca Farnum said...

Hey now! Argh. Working on it...Eric doesn't have one either! lol.