Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Becca's Career Path

As I write the applications for the UK Scholarships, a process involving a lot of exploration of higher education in Britain and Ireland, it is becoming more and more clear to me that I am inevitably going to enter academia. I might as well just give in now.
I would enjoy it, certainly. Heaven knows I'm enough of a nerd. And NO ONE is looking at food security in the Middle East and North Africa. It is becoming absolutely maddening.
So here we go. Enter Becca's new future path.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really don't understand how it is that nobody is looking at this issue. But they sure will now!!

Love you, pooky!

mom

Becca Farnum said...

Neither do I. People occasionally mention it, but there is no serious attention paid to it. I haven't found anyone for whom it's their main focus, or any institutions centered on it that aren't in the Middle East itself and advocacy-based.
What the heck, academia? FAIL.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps the name that Belinda said she sent you would be an interesting person to check with.
Granna