Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Guess Who's Gay

Got to do one of my favorite LBGT panels last night...panelists sit in a row with letters; the "audience" asks us stereotypical questions (do you do your nails, what hair products do you use, what kind of clothes do you wear, are you closer to your mother or father, etc.). And then they guess who's gay. We "reveal" our true selves and have discussions about stereotypes, layers of identity, all that good stuff. It's fun watching them assume I'm a lesbian...
And we got out favorite "God and sex" question last night, since one of the questions is always about religion and I talk about the Church. Got applause for my response, including a line about "Jesus says sorry." lol.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never have figured out which category you fall under. Please let me know by regular e-mail.Uncle Al

Becca Farnum said...

I'm totally happy to do it here, actually - I identify as a straight/heterosexual ally. Just think everybody should have rights and that other sexualities and gender identities are natural and legitimate ways to be.
: )

Charlie said...

I identify as a person who is of the right age to be a grandfather.

Becca Farnum said...

We know, daddy, we know. And lucky you! You are!