Thursday, September 3, 2009

New Computer

Ladies and gentlemen...
Today, I have purchased a new computer. I left Fred's power cord at family camp, and Cedar Campus couldn't find it. Fred also needs a new copy of Windows. I was working my way up the price ladder to fix him, and he's had a lot of wear. I love him dearly, but I (well, Dad) acquired another Compaq today. He will be named Percy in honor of Fred's passing.
Fred will happily live the rest of his days at Wesley@CMU, where Papa will get him going and use him for slide shows and things. I kind of wonder why, if Papa is going to spend all the time getting him going again, I am buying a new computer instead of just making him spend the time for me. But I shall love Percy, too, and Fred will be useful at Wesley.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sincerely hoping that you checked with the computer store on campus where one used to get the BEST deals on computers and "stuff" before purchasing.

By the way, I see no Russian.

Charlie said...

I don't think she checked with the computer store on campus... although I really doubt it would have had a laptop this cheap ($350).
Probably could have got a decent deal on a Mac, though. Grandpa would have been proud.

And I can't get you a cheap Windows 7 license to help salvage Fred. I *can* get Wesley a cheap Windows 7 license. C'est la vie. If, when I'm done spending countless hours fixing Fred, you want to trade for Percy, it's fine with me. But sometimes people like to do something for themselves and their students instead of their wonderful, brilliant, over-subsidized daughters.

Becca Farnum said...

I was just teasing, Papa. It's going to be rough emotionally, though.

However...I'm fairly certain I'm eligible for a free Windows 7 upgrade on Percy. I don't know if that helps you at all, but FYI.

Charlie said...

You're definitely eligible for a free Windows 7 upgrade on Percy, and should grab it when it comes out.

I was not teasing. I was deadly serious. I shall be offended forever.

Becca Farnum said...

Ah. Well, perhaps you're so offended that you couldn't bear to look at me or anything affiliated with me ever again, and I can keep Fred.

Charlie said...

I am so offended that I shall require a lifetime of love, affection, and constant presents from you in order to get over the trauma.

Becca Farnum said...

Ha! You assume I'm worried about your level of offendedness. lol. Just teasing.
Presents shall be forthcoming...