Saturday, February 28, 2009

So...Chicken Parmesan is Fried

We (the close gang of friends) went out to dinner with Chris' parents, who were in town for his mom's birthday and Chris' orchestra concert. We went to the Pizza House. No pizza during Lent; that's junk food. I thought about just getting a salad, but that seemed ridiculous given that actual pasta wasn't much more expensive and I could always get a salad in the dorm. So I ordered chicken parmesan. Totally forgetting that it's fried. Don't ask me how I didn't think about that, I have no idea. But oh well. I ate it, because I'd ordered it and I figured it wasn't really a huge deal. But it was junkier than high-class chicken parmesan due to the fact that it came from a pizza house. And mostly it felt weird in my very healthy gut. Oh well. Becca's silly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize you were into the Lent thing. Cathy's Catholic so I gave up ice cream, beer and sex. The only thing that hurts is the ice cream. I just drink beer to be sociable and I wasn't getting any official sex anyway. Uncle Al

Becca Farnum said...

I love Lent! I give up all junk food every year to make myself take the time to enjoy food, notice what I'm putting in my mouth, and clear my body out. I feel fantastically healthy right now.

Anonymous said...

Just to remind you that your Uncle Mark manages a pretty fantastic Eggplant Parmesan without frying. He puts it in the oven. Of course, it also breaded with crumbs and Parmesan after an egg bath, just like Chicken Parmesan is before frying.
I'm not so sure that it is the frying that makes a parmesan dish evil and so good!

Granna

Becca Farnum said...

This is true. Very true. Well, we'll consider the chicken parmesan my "guilty" dish for the season.