Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Hum Drum...

We are home from Annual Conference and back to the "hum drum" of everyday life...though in the summer, that takes on an interesting aspect.  My current jobs:
-Personal Assistant.  I am working with someone recently diagnosed with bipolar, helping to keep organized and monitor mood swings and productivity.  It's been a lot of fun...I'm putting my Type A and bossy personality to good use.  :)
-GenCen.  I am continuing my work at the Center for Gender in Global Context, helping with various grant- and research-related projects.  I'm working more hours, though...and with a pay raise!
-Philosophy Online Certificate Program.  The Philosophy Department is working to create an online program in Ethics, Development, and Global Justice.  I'm working on some organization and basic resource compilation for them...it's been exciting to see this program grow from an initial desire to an (almost reality).
-Shalom Center.  I'm working for a local peace group, revamping their webpage, organizing virtual meeting infrastructure, and pre-planning several events.

All told...I'm working ~50 hours a week.  Which still feels like a lot less than I work during the school year!

No comments: