Friday, December 31, 2010

Chicago!

In Chicago!
I am on a very impromptu (as in, bought ticket Wednesday night and got on the train at 8:28 am Thursday) trip to Chicago to see my babies. (I missed them…and I won’t get here for spring break, I don’t think, which is going to make it a long time till I see them again). Had a moment of panic this morning – for some reason, my front bike tire went totally flat in the week I was gone. But hooray! for the roommate salvation. Kelsey gave me a ride and, shockingly, the Amtrak train was not only on time but early. Thank heavens it and we came exactly when we did, or the train would have been blocking the road when we tried to turn around and I would have been stuck on the wrong side. And that would have SUCKED. But all is well, and here I am in good ol’ Chic.

No comments: